Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Jan, 2021 REF NO. BBBH12272
Senior Manager - Recruitment Projects
HorizonOne is a successful specialist recruitment company where the values of the business are built around people. It is a simple idea. Put people first, look after them, do a good job and great things will happen. We call it “recruitment karma.”
HorizonOne’s award winning Scribing and Campaigns team delivers outsourced project services to a wide range of mostly government organisations across Australia. This rapidly growing team of five people manage the largest project team in the region. Many of our high profile clients (DFAT, PM&C, ACT Government, Departments of Health, Treasury, Defence and Agriculture) rely on the quality of the work we provide to deliver everything from a graduate round, to establishing a new agency, to hiring SES.
This is an opportunity for a strong people manager with a background in HR / people / recruitment or related consulting or project services to lead a team at the top of their game. They won the RCSA Industry Awards Operational Excellence Award in 2019 and are continuing to kick goals and grow through 2020.
There is interesting change management to lead including supporting the bedding down of a new project management system, and adapting workflows, processes and controls.
If you enjoy innovating, you will have the opportunity to setup or design innovative campaigns that add a lot more value to clients above the standard recruitment process. Here is recent example of campaign services partnering with HorizonOne’s marketing team: https://horizonone.com.au/defence-finance-group/
The Senior Manager has responsibility and accountability for the leadership and performance of the Scribing and Campaigns team (including Scribing Consultants), and achievement of planned outcomes. The Senior Manager is responsible for commercial management of campaigns, bulk rounds, and general scribing services, whilst ensuring the team deliver quality services in line with HorizonOne’s core values. The role works as part of the leadership team in a unified approach to business development, innovation, performance, and financial management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and management for the team whilst supporting the leadership of the broader HorizonOne team. Lead change management and process improvement around the new project management system
- Report to the leadership team on team performance including setting the annual budget, financial and activity reporting, progress with business development, and performance feedback. Overall tracking of progress with agreed business plans
- Lead client relationships across scribing and campaigns promoting a strategic and consistent approach to account management, business development and client review
- Lead business development and growth activity for the team. Develop, manage and report on a clear plan for market growth reviewed quarterly
- Identify, develop and vigorously pursue new clients and business opportunities, including preparing tenders, proposals and quotes for new business. Develop and market new services and products including promoting the growth of the Marketing Project Services line
- Drive business process and systems improvement projects to facilitate value add focused recruitment solutions. Champion for the use of technology to improve service delivery, marketing outcomes and communication channels
Your Background and Experience
You love leading people to success and are passionate about delivering value-add results for your clients and key stakeholders. You enjoy winning new work opportunities through developing relationships and building winning proposals. You are organised with solid project management capabilities and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new challenges. You enjoy working in an agile fast-paced environment with a broad range of responsibilities.
You are naturally curious and enjoy solving client’s problems and ultimately helping people. You are capable with technology and will love the chance to get involved in streamline processes and improving efficiency. You are a down to earth, hard working character with a good sense of humour.
Some of the benefits of working with HorizonOne include:
- Free parking (value > $2500) and exceptional newly renovated office in the middle of Braddon
- Enhanced annual and parental leave, WFH options (after qualifying periods)
- 4 days’ additional paid leave per year (our quarterly Human Days), and 2 days’ volunteer leave for working with a charity of your choice
- Gym memberships, healthy food, positive approach to work life balance, regular social functions
- Dog friendly / family friendly office environment
Salary / Rate
- A market competitive management salary will be offered with a rewarding profit share arrangement
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12272.