Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 21st Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11246
Senior Manager Data and Analytics
Our client is a leading consulting organisation in our region with national recognition for their achievements and continued rapid growth forecast.
This area of the firm helps executive decision making by turning their data into actionable insights. Their specialty is executive dashboard design. They find ways to present the key information needed for decision-making in a clear, concise, and easy-to-use format.
Sounds like a pretty standard consulting role. So why would you leave your role in a Big 4, mid-tier competitor or government agency to join these guys?
The firm is well established, fast growing and has been building their reputation to a point where they are starting to be regarded as tier 1 by both clients and competitors.
Simply put, these guys are on the up and have attracted some impressive talent along the way. They have a culture that fosters entrepreneurship, whilst still looking after their employees.
The data practice has been growing sustainably. The Executive Director has been with the firm for 10+ years after leaving the leaving Big 4 and has filled the pipeline with interesting and challenging work.
You will be joining this 10 person team with a number of high performing consultants and senior consults who are delivering exceptional work. The team is missing a senior manager like you to come in, take ownership and drive engagements.
Why would you want to leave your current role to join this team?
- This firm treats people as PEOPLE and understand that occasionally you will have commitments and responsibility outside of work. This is one of many reasons why they have a single digit turnover rate
- You will have access to a competitive bonus scheme with no invisible barriers
- You get to focus more on the delivery of quality work
- You will have more flexibility to deliver what the client wants that a structured and cookie cutter approach
- With the firm growing and exciting prospects, future career opportunities are there for you to perform and realise significant salary growth
In this role your focus will be to:
- Lead and drive engagements focused on the design and delivery of executive dashboards, visualisation, reports, analytical outcomes and other data-driven solutions
- Engage with clients to ensure that the projects actually meet client needs and expectations and deliver genuine value-add outcomes
- Be part of the leadership and management of the data practice including contributing to business development, staff management, recruitment, staff development and knowledge management
- Manage scope and time of multiple tasks without compromising quality
Your Background and Experience
Some key aspects for success in this role will be a curious nature and passion for using data, numbers and facts to tell stories that are insightful, credible and impactful.
You will bring a combination of the following to the team:
- Experience at leading small project based teams in complex operating environments
- Manager, Senior Manager or Executive level experience
- Understanding the challenges of working with data in an APS context
- A growth mindset with the ability to ‘lean in’ and challenge established thinking
- Skilled in PowerBI, Tableau or QLIK
- Hands on practical experience using data wrangling tools, languages and techniques including SQL, R, Python in similar environments
Salary / Rate
- $130K – $180K package + Bonuses (negotiable commensurate with experience)
- Permanent position
- Access to a well-designed bonus scheme and a flexibility in hours worked
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, about this or similar roles please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11246.