Connect with Morgan on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16616
Senior/Lead Business Analyst
This is an independent Australian Government Agency that produces authoritative and accessible information and statistics to inform and support better policy and service delivery decisions. The Agency is focused on turning data into useful information and telling the broader story regarding health and wellbeing for all Australians. The agency does this by collecting and managing data on health and welfare issues, including from state, territory, and federal government agencies. This directly affects their ability to develop, maintain, and promote statistical information standards for the health, community services and housing assistance sectors.
Work within a tight-knit, high-performing organisation and gain experience across a diverse variety of project initiatives. Be valued for your expertise in a collaborative workspace, where you will share your technical knowledge with your multidisciplinary team.
If work-life balance is important to you, then you’ll take advantage of hybrid WFH options, and this quick fire 6 month contract will finish just in time for a summer holiday (alternatively you can explore extension options).
You’ll work with business representatives to gather and document quality business requirements, construct test cases / scenarios based on the baselined requirements, and coordinate testers and the UAT / BVT test process. You will also collaborate with your team to manage project initiatives, including detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes and other activities dependent upon the project type.
Your role will include:
- Prioritising ICT project initiatives based on a strategic assessment of the Agency’s business needs and requirements
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and requirements
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Eliciting, managing, and documenting requirements through stakeholder engagements such as meetings, workshops and working groups and ensuring developed solutions meet business needs
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Effectively managing the work plan with due consideration to competing priorities
The Ideal Person
- You will feel confident in your ability to leverage negotiation skills to effectively influence at all levels. This includes both in the creation of detailed reports and presentations experience in implementing ICT projects using cloud service models (Iaas, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- You have highly developed analytical and conceptual thinking skills, in combination with excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- A history of supporting delivery of successful projects through the development and management of requirements and business analysis artefacts
Salary / Rate
- Hourly rate $110-$120 p.h. + Super
- 6 month contract with a hybrid working arrangement available
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
- You must be an Australian citizen and have a minimum baseline clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Morgan Pearce on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 16539.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.