Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 17th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9111
Senior Financial/Project Accountant
Our client is a large, commercially focussed infrastructure business with a strong finance function and high performing management team. There are excellent opportunities to work with business areas to promote financial management best practice and to ensure project managers maximise project revenues.
This permanent role and opportunity represents a chance for a high performing CA/CPA looking to join a large organisation and work in a broad role that will help develop capabilities towards management level. You will get to work on interesting business and systems improvement projects, as well as liaise with Project Managers across the business. Working with high performing Managers, you will really be able to accelerate learning and development.
- Prepare financial statements and management discussion analysis and perform year end accounting for provisions and impairment. Prepare workpapers and audit files supporting reporting
- Prepare month-end corporate reports including monthly analysis and commentary Support preparation of Board reports
- Review of annual income tax return and FBT return
- Liaise with auditors as required
- Prepare general journal including consolidation as required
- Prepare employee entitlement analysis and workpapers
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Preparation of monthly cash flow
- Provide accounting advice to business areas as required
- Liaising with business areas to improve financial management. Identify and act on potential improvements in the capex processes
- Project accounting including OPEX and CAPEX reporting
- Prepare project capitalisation forms for transfer to Fixed Asset Register and entering relevant data into FMIS
- Reflect asset changes as required (disposals, additions, relocations etc)
- Review of fixed assets register at least every 6 months. Review Opex tasks in Construction in progress (CIP). Review of Construction in Progress (CIP) projects at tech report stage to ensure still capitalisable
Our client is targeting a high performing Senior Analyst or Manager from the Big 4 (ideally audit), or an experienced commercial accountant. You will be highly motivated, commercially oriented and with a pragmatic and reliable common-sense approach to new problems and situations. A strong technical understanding of accounting standards and their application to large capital-intensive businesses will be highly regarded.
$93K – $113K + enhanced Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9111