Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9166
Senior Financial Accountant (EL1 or EL2 Management Level)
Our client is a high profile Federal Government organisation at the centre of policy development and service delivery. They are innovative, ahead of the trend, and have a fun yet highly professional work environment.
This opportunity presents as an initial 3-6 month hourly rate contract with the potential for extension. Financial reporting experience in a Commonwealth Government Agency is essential as you will be required to hit the ground running. You will have the opportunity to work in a complex environment undergoing change, and will get exposure to the whole of business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and preparation of statutory financial statements, final budget outcome and monthly financial reporting, including CBMS update
- QA of financial statements
- Management of audit fieldwork and co-ordination of responses
- Provide ideas for business process improvement initiatives
- Review and update Financial Policies and provide advice to business areas
- Manage general ledger and accounting controls processes
- Prepare technical accounting papers
You are a person who has strong technical accounting skills and a friendly personality. You are known for your attention to detail in your work and take pride in achieving results. You are motivated by making a difference and love the fact that your workplace is high profile and makes a difference to the nation.
Relevant degree qualifications with a CA/CPA or strong progress towards is essential. Existing experience with Government accounting frameworks highly regarded.
Australian Citizenship is mandatory for this role and you will require a security clearance before commencing work.
$70-$100/hr + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9166