Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Feb, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10643
Senior Financial Accountant (EL1 Management Level)
Our client is a fast paced Commonwealth Government agency with a diverse portfolio across Australia. They are high profile and centrally located.
This opportunity presents as an initial 3-6 month hourly rate contract with the potential for extension. Whilst those with experience in financial reporting in a Commonwealth Government agency will be highly regarded, those outside the public service will be considered, particularly those with a background in financial statements with a large business, so this is a great chance to enter a government agency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and preparation of statutory financial statements, final budget outcome and monthly financial reporting, including CBMS update
- Providing oversight to the Treasury and Taxation function including GST and FBT
- Providing ideas for business process improvement initiatives
- Reviewing and updating financial policies and providing advice to business areas
- Managing general ledger and accounting controls processes
- Preparing technical accounting papers
- Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders including the ANAO.
You are a person who has strong technical accounting skills and a friendly personality. You are known for your attention to detail in your work and take pride in achieving results. You are motivated by making a difference and love the fact that your workplace is high profile and makes a difference to matters of national interest and significance.
Relevant degree qualifications with a CA/CPA or strong progress towards is essential. Existing experience with government accounting frameworks highly regarded.
Australian citizenship is mandatory for this role as a Baseline clearance will be required.
$70 – $80 per hour + Super.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10643