Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8480
Senior Financial Accountant
Our client provides services to support the functioning of the Australian Government. Centrally based, they have a small, relaxed and friendly team, with great working conditions.
With the current officer recently promoted, this is initially a 6 month non-ongoing contract working with the organisation’s financial and assets team. As part of a small team, strong performers will be quickly identified, and there may be an opportunity for a permanent appointment. Whilst those with experience in financial statements in a small to medium sized Commonwealth Government Agency will be highly regarded, those outside the Public Service will be considered, particularly those experienced in financial statements with a large business, so this is a great chance to get on board a team that values its people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and preparation of statutory financial statements, final budget outcome and monthly financial reporting
- Provide ideas for business process improvement initiatives
- Provide accounting advice to business areas
- Develop and maintain effective partnership with business area and implement relationship maintenance (and intervention) processes such as escalation and training
- Review and update Financial Policies (PGPA Act) and provide advice to business areas
- Provide oversight to the Treasury and Taxation function
- Coordinate internal and external assurance activities
- Manage general ledger and accounting controls processes
- Prepare technical accounting papers
You are a person who is enthusiastic and enjoys influencing in a team environment. You are known for your attention to detail in your work and take pride in achieving results. You are motivated by making a difference and love being right in the action.
Relevant degree qualifications with a CA/CPA or strong progress towards is essential. Existing experience with Government accounting frameworks highly regarded.
A Baseline Security clearance will be required and current Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
$85k – $95k + 15.4% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8480