Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th May, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11132
Senior Finance Business Partner
The client is a large, Federal Government employer with extensive career path opportunity and strong job security for high performers. This is a Canberra based, permanent role.
This role is offered as a permanent, transfer opportunity for existing APS employees in the financial management space. We are looking for high performing EL2s that would value the extensive career opportunities that this role and Department present, in conjunction with interesting work subject matter and a great team.
This role is a key leadership role supporting a medium sized finance team looking after a Branch within this Department. You will engage with a diverse cohort of stakeholders to very senior level and support key decisions with astute financial analysis and perspectives.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide effective leadership and direction for the staff within your team
- Set clear performance and behavioural standards through clear communication and effective delegation of responsibilities
- Manage resources, set work priorities and develop strategies to deliver business outcomes
- Lead financial management support, budget preparation and performance reporting for your Division
- Oversee financial governance and compliance activities within your area
- Drive improvements and efficiencies for your team whilst ensuring that processes and procedures are up to date and followed
- Provide advice on financial matters and translate financial management strategy into operational goals to create a shared sense of purpose
- Build strong relationships with your stakeholders and ensure finance is an integral part of the decision making process
- Participate and provide input on internal projects as required.
We are looking for a high-performing individual with relevant accounting experience and preferably a CA/CPA accreditation. You will be an experienced leader with the ability to motivate and lead a team to high performance.
You will also demonstrate a strong improvement / problem solving focus with the ability to add value to the reporting function and streamline existing processes. Business engagement is a big part of the role and you must have first class written and verbal communication skills.
A minimum Baseline security clearance is required, and this role is only offered as a transfer for existing APS employees at level, at this stage.
$120K – $140K + 15.4% Super or salary match for existing APS.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 11132