Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Jan, 2021 REF NO. BBBH12739
Senior Director Workplace Relations
Our client is a diverse directorate delivering the essential services Canberrans rely on each day. They are a value-based organisation making Canberra attractive, safe and easy to move around. They offer rewarding careers with great benefits, where you will work on projects that make a difference to the everyday lives of your family, friends and community.
As an experienced and influential Industrial Relations expert, you will be seen as the trusted advisor on all workplace relations matters for a period of 12 months with the option to extend.
You will have the opportunity to have a seat at the table while reporting directly to the executive board.
This key specialist role works closely with senior officials and staff across the directorate as well as with the Whole of Government Industrial Relations and Public Sector Employment group, who are the central agency responsible for enterprise agreement negotiation strategy at a whole of government level.
This role is both a strategic and ‘hands-on role’ and requires someone with resilience, energy and drive.
As the Senior Director Workplace Relations, you will be responsible for all Enterprise Agreement Schedules. You will be responsible for:
- Leading the negotiation of the enterprise agreements and relevant schedules with the experience to document, cost any changes, seek improved working arrangements, and deliver in negotiation
- Leadership and management of industrial relations issues including drafting, interpretation and application of relevant legislation and regulations, advice, and positive relations with key stakeholders and unions
- Providing high-quality strategic employee relations advice to mitigate organisational risk including successful negotiation strategies with unions and experience in the industrial relations commission and/or related tribunals
- Providing support, assistance, timely and systematic advice and reporting to the Executive on all aspects of enterprise agreement negotiations and the employment framework in the ACT public sector
Your Background and Experience
As the senior industrial relations specialist, you will possess, or have the ability to rapidly acquire, a comprehensive understanding of the public sector industrial relations landscape, and you will provide high level strategic advice through identifying key industrial relations issues, challenges, risks and opportunities to inform the negotiation position.
The ideal candidate will possess an innate ability to draw on the right skills in a contextually and environmentally appropriate manner, align team performance and develop capacity to achieve organisational objectives.
You will be a confident, driven and experienced workplace relations officer who has a calm nature with the ability to take people on a journey.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in industrial relations, employment law or human resources or a related field and or relevant experience in a senior HR industrial relations position in a diverse organisation
- Conciliation and mediation qualification or certificate in alternative dispute resolution (desirable but not essential)
Salary / Rate
- $150K + Super
- 12 month contract with extension option
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12739.