Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 20th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12497
Senior Commercial Analyst (Advisory)
Join a large, public company with a diverse business operating in Canberra predominately in the infrastructure space. Our client offers rare opportunity to get involved in true commercial analysis and advisory. This is a highly sought after employer with a healthy internal culture and excellent benefits.
This role is a permanent, ongoing position working as part of the commercial analysis team. You will own key projects across the business that require astute investigation and analysis to inform strategic investment decision making. The role offers a strong career path for a high performer.
The Senior Commercial Analyst engages with a diverse group of stakeholders across the business and reports to an outstanding manager. You will use your highly developed analytical and evaluation skills to inform decision making on:
- Maximising the value of the organisation’s current investments
- Assessing executing new business transactions
- Developing strategies to improve overall value of the organisation to its shareholders in a rapidly evolving marketplace
Key tasks will include financial analysis and modelling, developing business cases / plans and assessing risk with strategies for mitigation. You will also assist with corporate structuring advice and contract negotiation. Due diligence for potential acquisitions and divestments as required.
The role works extensively with a broad range of stakeholders both internal and external to the business, and you will be required to prepare and present high quality executive presentations.
It is a varied and challenging role that will keep you away from the mundane!
Your Background and Experience
This is a rare opportunity in Canberra. The role will appeal to a true commercial thinker who thrives on problem solving and the ability to significantly impact business strategy through the provision of astute, value-add analysis and advice.
- It is likely that you will have a strong background in financial advisory consulting (Big4 highly regarded), or hold a similar role with a large, complex, corporate business
- You will demonstrate strong financial modelling and analysis skills, excellent report writing and presentation ability, and first class communication / interpersonal skills
- Analysis of complex financial / quantitative data with the ability to articulate your findings in a clear, concise way to executive stakeholders is all in a day’s work
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and a CA/CPA is expected with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Salary / Rate
- Circa $105K – $115K + enhanced super
- Flexible working arrangements available
- The position is based in Canberra
If this role appeals to you or perhaps you know someone who would love it, please don’t delay, get in touch now for a confidential discussion.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 12497.