Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8928
Senior Commercial Analyst
Our client is a large, commercially focussed infrastructure business currently undergoing structural change and concentrating on improving their overall approach to business management. There are excellent opportunities to get involved in big ticket projects and help drive efficiencies and business process improvements.
This is a permanent role working closely with a small team focused on strategy and commercial analysis. But whilst your team is small, your footprint across the business is broad and you will get to know the whole business and work in conjunction with a wide cohort of stakeholders. If you enjoy working beyond the numbers to really understand and add value to the business, this is a great role for you.
This role is about analysing, solving problems and enabling business outcomes through astute analysis and management in the contract and commercial space.
You will engage with stakeholders right across the business in order to:
- Prepare options papers for the Executive & Board
- Contract review and negotiation
- Preparation of financial business cases
- Evaluation of investment opportunities, corporate strategy, and insurance policies
- Review Board papers and produce internal advice
- Construct implications papers on wider business implications in relation to strategy
- Work with the business stakeholders as required to inform on strategy and understand outcomes of decision making
- Financial modelling in relation to different decision options
- Contracting and corporate structuring advice
This role offers variety and opportunity to get involved and understand the whole business. If you are commercial by nature and love improving outcomes through your work, this role will suit you.
Our client operates in a complex business and regulatory environment. You will need first class communication skills and a naturally curious nature in order to ask the right questions and get in behind the business to understand it.
Once you understand it, you can then really add value through your analysis, written communication, and financial management skills.
Questioning assumptions, analysing business cases and re-writing commentary are all part of the role. You are likely an up and coming, high performing professional who has multiple years’ experience in consulting.
In addition to the interpersonal and communication skills, we also require:
- Relevant finance qualifications (CA/CPA preferred but not necessarily essential)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex scenarios and provide astute / concise financial and corporate commentary
- The ability to present complicated business issues and information in a succinct and clear manner
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own workload in a mature way and balance priorities as required
- Demonstrated experience in business negotiation and stakeholder engagement
If you can demonstrate first class communication skills and you have the relevant commercial or consulting background, please get in touch for further details. Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
c., $95 – $120k + enhanced super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8928