Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Feb, 2018 REF NO. 5086
This large commercial business with complex financial requirements provides valuable services to the community. As a well-regarded employer in the region, the role as a Senior Accountant will attract top talent.
The position will suit a bright up and coming Accountant looking to solidify their knowledge in a team environment.
Duties will include:
- Financial management of a business unit within this large, complex business
- Ensure completeness of revenue and expenditure for the month end close with analysis and commentary on results
- Provision of management reporting and investigation of financial issues as required by the Executive
- Assist with development of budgets and forecasting
- Monthly analysis of project expenditure against budget including capitalisation of WIP to the fixed assets register as required
- Review daily cashflow and forecast ahead. Prepare monthly cashflow reports for Executive
- Month end review of journals, analysis of month end financials and balance sheet recs.
- Liaise with various business units and meet managers to discuss variances
- Identify improvements and assist in implementing processes
You will have strong technical accounting skills (CA / CPA) with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy liaison with your business area Managers to provide value-add financial advice. You will demonstrate a strong ability to improve and streamline processes to provide better financial services to the business.
High attention to detail and accuracy in performing tasks is required as are well developed analysis skills. You will have worked in a large, complex commercial business with a wide range of stakeholders.
Strong Excel skills with experience using a large FMIS and associated reporting tool such as TM1 highly desirable.
Circa $100 – $110k+ Super commiserate with experience
The role is available to Australian citizens and permanent residents.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 6799