Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8723
Senior Accountant (EL1 / Management level)
Our client is a Commonwealth entity within a prestigious and well known Government Department. They work on interesting, forward looking topics and projects which you can see the impact of across Australia.
This is initially a 6 month contract working with the organisation’s Corporate Finance team. There is good potential for a permanent appointment for a high performer. As an all rounder Accounting role, there will be good experience and exposure to be gained, and being a smaller organisation, you will also have more scope to initiate change and improve the status quo.
Key responsibilities include:
- Efficient and timely delivery of financial services, support and advice to key stakeholders
- Supervision of a small team of Accountants and Finance Officers
- Adhoc financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with business areas and ensure regular communication
- Ensure internal and external budgeting requirements are well managed and on time
- Provide oversight to the Treasury and Taxation function
- Coordinate internal and external assurance activities
- Manage general ledger and accounting controls processes
- Provide ideas for business process improvement initiatives
- Prepare technical accounting papers
You are known for your attention to detail in your work and take pride in achieving results. You are a person who is communicative and enjoys influencing in a team environment. You have strong Excel skills and have prior experience managing a team. You consider yourself an all rounder and you enjoy variety in your day and week.
Relevant degree qualifications with a CA/CPA or strong progress towards this is essential. Existing experience with Government Accounting frameworks will be highly regarded as understanding of CBMS and Treasury processes are pre-requisite knowledge.
A Baseline Security clearance will be required and so current Australian Citizenship is mandatory.
$70 – $80 per hour + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8723