Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8179
Our client is a successful group of businesses operating in the corporate market. They have a close-knit team working from central offices in Canberra and are generally a nice place to work. They have an interesting business with a wide spectrum of challenges and opportunities to add value for an outcomes focused finance professional.
It is a permanent role working closely with the Executive and leading your team.
The role of the Senior Accountant is to oversee all finance related transactions of the group, which includes a collection of SME businesses and their related entities. This role includes managing a team of accounting staff and bookkeepers.
Key duties will include;
- Oversee the preparation of Business Activity Statements on a monthly and quarterly basis for a substantial number of small business entities
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal taxes within Australia including, but not limited to, business activity statements, payroll tax and PAYG withholding
- Oversee and manage taxation audits as they arise
- Provide decision support, value-added analysis and commercial advice to stakeholders
- Analyse and critically review financial and management accounting reports and make recommendations where appropriate for improvement / efficiency
- Establish clear objectives for accounting team members and bookkeepers and undertake performance appraisals annually against these objectives
- Review training needs of accounting team members and bookkeepers and establish a programme for the enhancement of existing skills
- Manage key stakeholder relationships appropriately both internally and external to the organisation including business owners, banks, external accountants and suppliers.
- Maintain leasing records
- Review of rent increases to ensure in accordance with leases
- Manage term deposits held in relation bank guarantee requirements
This role requires a technically proficient Accountant to understand and quality check the business transactions, however your success in the position will come from your ability to effectively lead and motivate your finance team, and your ability to provide a value-add service to internal and external business stakeholders.
You will have a flexible nature, as you will understand that working with SME businesses often requires you to wear many hats. But the reward is that you get to work close to the coal face of a very busy, successful commercial business and see real results from your efforts.
You will be a true mentor to your team and watch them grow and develop under your leadership.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident with full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If this sounds like you, get in touch now for a confidential discussion.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8179