Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8439
Our client is a commercial business with an impressive client list both in Canberra and outside. With strong corporate backing and a successful business model, they are set on a rapid trajectory for growth which means opportunity for you.
This is a great opportunity to join an experience finance team and grow your career along with the success of the business. Working to a strong CFO with excellent commercial acumen, this role will grow with you and suits a high performer with strong technical grounding in a business services firm or large commercial organisation.
Key responsibilities are:
- Producing and continuously improving the monthly Board reporting pack, having scope through the analysis & commentary to provide insights and add value for the audience
- Work with the CFO to further develop monthly reporting to include financial and non-financial KPIs to aid in the performance management of the Group
- Take responsibility for financial and tax compliance activities
- Take the lead with regards to the external audit process including work paper preparation for review by auditors
- Manage the preparation of annual statutory accounts at a trading entity and consolidated group level
- Working with the CFO to monitor loan covenants, preparing reports for the lenders on historic ratio performance, but more importantly, forecast for the Board so we can proactively manage borrowing requirements and ensure debt facilities are in place to facilitate business growth
- Managing and coordinating the monthly billing processes, controls, reconciliations and maintaining the business critical lease schedule
- Reviewing other team members work e.g. fortnightly supplier payment runs prepared by Accountant
- Other financial duties as required
Training and support provided to help you get up to speed quickly.
Our client is seeking a high performing CPA/CA qualified accountant (or with strong progress towards) with a strong technical background in a well-regarded accounting firm, and ideally some commercial accounting experience.
In addition to this you will have:
- Excellent people skills and communication
- Strong IT literacy
- Proven capabilities with MS Excel
- Must be an Australian Citizen as you will need to complete a Government security check
You will also have a positive, progressive approach to your work and pride yourself on thinking ‘how can we do this better’. The successful candidate will be rewarded with career advancement in a successful business that rewards loyalty and achievement.
$75k – $85k + super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8439.