Connect with Abbie on email, or via, via
POSTED 24th Jul, 2022 REF NO. BBBH16662
Technical Services Coordinator
Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ)
JAS-ANZ is a small non-government organisation with offices in Canberra and Wellington. The organisation employs more than 30 permanent employees and 100 contractors.
JAS-ANZ is a leading international accreditation authority that creates economic and social benefit in the sectors in which it operates. It doesn’t certify or inspect organisations, products or people; rather, it accredits the bodies that do. They do so by undertaking assessments in the following sectors:
- Business and innovation
- Health and human services
- Product certification
- Food and biological systems
- Sustainability and environment
This is a critical permanent role within JAS-ANZ’s Operations Team. This team’s purpose is to work with scheme owners to develop, design and coordinate content for schemes.
A scheme provides the rules and processes that determine if a product, system or person satisfies the requirements specified in a standard. A well-designed scheme will support market transaction or delivery of public services.
This is an opportunity to:
- Expand your skills in a niche growth industry, developing expertise in conformity assessment, compliance and audit as well as project coordination
- Refine your project coordination and secretariat skills whilst supporting capacity building and resource planning for the organisation
- Work within a small organisation where your decisions will result in tangible outcomes
- Join a passionate and dedicated team of like-minded professionals
- Benefit from learning and development with a first-grade training program
- Ability to work from home 2 days per week
The key purpose of your role will be to translate and coordinate technical information relating to conformance and standards between internal and external stakeholders.
You will engage with JAS-ANZ’s client base to anticipate and proactively respond to changes in standards and conformance requirements and guidance globally.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Oversee scheme re-endorsement and scheme consolidation processes in collaboration with clients
- Act as a secretariat by getting stakeholders together in committees to discuss the formation of schemes, the endorsement of schemes and the consolidation of scheme processes
- Write, read, and critically appraise standards and conformance documentation to support scheme (re)endorsement activities
- Support industry and government to employ standards and conformity assessment tools to attain policy outcomes
- Act as a liaison point within the organisation for technical services activities and coordinate internal staff or subcontractors to manage project delivery and workflow
- Support scheme management by providing exceptional administrative support
- Support capacity building and resource planning for successful project delivery
The Ideal Person
To be successful in this role, you don’t need to be a technical expert in standards, conformance, accreditation or certification. Rather, you will have a broad understanding of regulatory and compliance principles.
You will also have the following core skills/attributes:
- Highly developed writing and analytical skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information and translate it into easily digestible content for clients
- Ability to develop long-term relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to keep abreast of workload and assist with resource planning
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong soft skills required to liaise with clients
- Innovative; able to generate ideas in written documentation and develop steps to implementation
- Well-developed project management and coordination skills
- Will apply self to understanding and growing deeper technical knowledge of conformity assessment – commitment to self-development
- Capacity to remain calm and composed in what can be a challenging and fast-paced, fluid environment
A background in regulation, compliance, quality assurance or law is highly desirable.
Salary / Rate
- $95K + Super
- Permanent ongoing position
- Location in either the Canberra or Wellington office
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Abbie Seddon on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH 16662.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities and backgrounds.