Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 13th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8724
Project Manager (Business project)
This portfolio Department has a diverse workforce who is passionate about the policy and programs the Department designs and implements.
The Department has embarked on a major change to their organisational operating model in the Corporate area and need an experienced project manager to assist with the implementation.
This change will allow the Department of deliver a better service to their internal clients.
A new EL2 has been brought in to programme manage and lead this project which after a few months is still in the Greenfields stage. They are looking for someone like you to assist in driving and ensuring successful delivery of this project.
The initial 3 areas of focus for this change will be payroll, recruitment and accounts.
The programme manager is looking for someone like you to assist in driving the project for a 6 + 6 month contract.
Your main areas of responsibilities will include:
- Developing frameworks, project deliverables, governance and schedule of the project and ensuring these are kept to.
- Ensuring the project operates within budget and that required forecasting/estimation is completed.
- Developing key project deliverables documentation.
- Ensuring clear, accurate and timely project reports, documentation and correspondence are in place at all times
You are pragmatic while being able to get the job done. You are able to wear multiple hats including change management.
Ideally you will have experience implementing or work on a share service project.
You will likely have all or a combination of the following:
- Project Management experience in both IT and non-IT environments
- The ability to work and understand the needs of both public servants & science professionals who are non-technical and experienced in project management and delivery
- Exemplary communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Energy and drive to motivate others and push for completion of work
Due to the nature of the work Australian Citizenship is mandatory with a Baseline security clearance preferred but not essential.
$85-$110 per hour + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8724