Connect with Zac on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12120
Our client is a specialist government agency and statutory authority that plays a critical role in Australia’s democracy. They are firmly focused on modernisation and future proofing their processes and practices.
This federal agency is undergoing a once in a generation modernisation project to not only change multiple IT systems but changing the way the agency is positioned to handle a significant uplift in their service delivery.
This role will be driving the schedule of tranche 2 of the program of work (the meatier part of the program) which will be kicking of in June 2023.
- Support the Program Manager and Design Lead by driving the schedule and managing the overall program of end-to-end projects, alongside subject matter experts
- Operate with autonomy and maintain tight scheduling to keep project deliverables running on time and aligned to the strategic direction
- Full support and hands-on involvement from the Band 1 and Band 2 who want to see the program succeed without interfering in your day to day work
In this role you will:
- Lead from the front, facilitating effective project resource management, planning and implementation of critical deliverables in an agile environment
- Be heavily involved with technical and business-facing stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are on track
- Be the honest voice – this project requires somebody who isn’t afraid of having difficult conversations where passionate people are involved
Your Background and Experience
You are an experienced business side Project Manager with experience in large-scale transformational projects in either government or commercial sectors. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to get the job done. You will be leading from the front and be the driving force across the portfolio, ensuring the project team is scheduled appropriately to ensure successful delivery. This is not an ivory tower type project manager role; you will be collaborating upwards, sideways, and downwards.
You have a track-record of the appropriate methodology and able to adapt your workflow to the benefit of project dynamics.
Most importantly, you want to be part of a team that grows, contributes to and promotes their existing great culture with a collaborative mentality.
Salary / Rate
- $90 – $120 per hour
- This is a long-term contract initially running through until June 2021 with an option for a 12-month extension. The program is expected to run for 7 years.
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, if this opportunity isn’t right for you but you would like to have a confidential discussion about your career, please contact Zac Weston on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12120.