Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 22nd Jan, 2020 REF NO. BBBH8882
Project Finance Analyst
Our client is a private Australian company based in Canberra. They have enjoyed strong success in their market leading to rapid growth and excellent opportunities for their workforce.
This is a permanent role with a pathway towards further career growth and senior leadership opportunities. You will work with a great company that is growing from strength to strength in their market. Good team environment and location with free parking.
The role works with the wider finance team and across the business to support projects with sound financial advice. This rapidly growing commercial business also works with foreign currency transactions and manages a high level of capital funding and so treasury skills will be highly regarded. You will initially manage one other team member with further leadership responsibility down the track if that is attractive to you.
Key duties include:
- To be a commercially astute advisor to the CFO and executive management team. To deliver a proactive, well planned Project Finance and Treasury function and put in place strategies and reporting mechanisms to successfully manage and control debt and equity risks
- Work with various project stakeholders to identify financial milestones and risks, reforecast budgets and ensure sound financial management
- Assist with building budgets and forecasts across the business and supporting the management accounting function
- Manage / support debt and equity projects. Support the development of new investments, products and services ensuring appropriate levels of funding are available to support continued scaling and growth of the business
- Ensure proactive monitoring, reporting and escalation of risks with recommendations to address
- Provide detailed commercial analysis to support new investments, bond issues and interest rate management
- Forecast medium and long- term funding and hedging requirements.
- Work with the Financial Controller to monitor payments and daily cash management, as well as customer credit management
- Interest rate risk management and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Multi-currency risk management and the development of foreign exchange risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare management and board reports
- Support month end processes where necessary including debt drawdowns
- Lead a small team and assist in other management accounting tasks including costing and budgeting as required.
This role will suit a professional Finance Analyst / Management Accountant who has large, complex commercial business / project finance experience.
Key knowledge will include:
- Understanding and experience of management and treasury accounting including multi-currency, cashflow and various financial instruments (e.g. bonds)
- Postgraduate qualifications in finance/accounting (CA/CPA). Sound understanding of accounting principles, and intermediate to advanced skills with MS Excel
- Advanced interpersonal skills and oral communication skills. Able to present confidently to a Board or group of suppliers/clients. Strong negotiator, able to negotiate win-win outcomes with suppliers/customers
- Advanced numeracy skills and strong attention to detail but with the ability to stand back and appraise a problem from a strategic or broader relationship perspective
- Strong commercial acumen. Sound commercial analysis competency, able to review financial impacts of large complex contracts with support from finance staff
- Excellent writing capability with the ability to draft influential investment advice, Board papers and business cases
- Existing, or ability to obtain, an AGSVA Security Clearance. You must be an existing Australian Citizen.
Salary package c. $130k but negotiable to experience within a reasonable range.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8882