Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12349
Project Coordinator - Scheme Management and Technical Services
About Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ)
JAS-ANZ is a small non-government organisation with offices in Canberra and Wellington. The organisation employs more than 30 permanent employees and 100 contractors.
JAS-ANZ is a leading international accreditation authority that creates economic and social benefit in the sectors in which it operates. It doesn’t certify or inspect organisations, products or people; rather, it accredits the bodies that do. They do so by undertaking assessments in the following sectors:
- Business and innovation
- Health and human services
- Product certification
- Food and biological systems
Find out more and hear from current JAS-ANZ team members on what they love about working at the forefront of industry accreditation and having a direct impact on consumer confidence.
This is a newly created position due to a recent restructure within the operations team. It’s an opportunity to:
- Expand your skills in a niche growth industry, developing expertise in conformity assessment, compliance and audit as well as project coordination
- Support policy development for the relevant schemes and build your capability in government and industry policy and regulation
- Refine your project coordination and management skills whilst supporting capacity building and resource planning for the organisation
- Work within a small organisation where your decisions will result in tangible outcomes
- Join a passionate and dedicated team of like-minded professionals
- Benefit from learning and development with a first-grade training program on a global stage
You will support the implementation of JAS-ANZ’s values, strategy and processes by ensuring successful scheme management delivery and by managing technical services projects. This is a critical support role and will help to ensure the success of technical services and scheme management functions within the organisation.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Set, track and ensure delivery against project milestones to ensure service level agreements are met and deadlines are adhered to
- Critically analyse current contract documentation to ensure it meets the objectives intended and government requirements
- Act as a liaison within the organisation for technical services activities and coordinate internal staff or subcontractors to manage project delivery and workflow
- Support scheme management by providing exceptional administrative support
- Support capacity building and resource planning for successful project delivery
Your Background and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have the following key attributes:
- Relevant project management experience and capacity to quickly get across conformity assessment, audit and compliance concepts
- Ability to work autonomously and successfully deliver against project milestones – demonstrated success within a PMO will be essential to be considered
- Relevant qualifications in project management would be highly desirable – Prince2, PMBOK etc.
- Capacity to contribute to policy analysis and compile reports, review legal agreements / contracts etc.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to keep abreast of workload to assist with resource planning
- Ability to review and update contracts to ensure that service level agreements are met
- Excellent listening and communication skills required to understand the needs of clients as well as the ability to interpret and analyse complex contracts to determine SLA’s and contractual obligations
Adaptability and Emotional Intelligence
- High level of emotional intelligence and strong soft skills required to liaise with clients
- Demonstrate patience, empathy and sound judgement when adapting to new situations and stakeholders
- Will apply self to understanding and growing deeper technical knowledge of conformity assessment – commitment to self-development
Organisation and Resilience
- Ability to work highly effectively in an autonomous manner whilst being a collaborative and team player
- Sound project management skills with experience delivering projects within tight deadlines as well as demonstrated experience employing superior organisational techniques to meet milestones
- Ability to recognise opportunities, harness information, show judgement, intelligence and common sense
- Capacity to remain calm and composed in what can be a challenging and fast-paced, fluid environment
Salary / Rate
- $85K – $95K + 9.5% Super
- Permanent ongoing position
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12349.