Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 28th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8774
Large, complex commercial business in Canberra. The business undertakes a range of infrastructure projects from their South Canberra location and supports the Canberra community through the provision of key services.
This role is a permanent opportunity working with a small team that directly supports the project areas. It is a broad role that looks after project financial analysis, budget development and regulatory reporting to various external parties. Work with an experienced team that is happy to support and train the right person into this role.
This role is about solving problems and enabling business outcomes through astute financial analysis and management in the project space.
You will engage with stakeholders right across the business from top to bottom in order to:
- Prepare monthly project progress reports for the Executive
- Prepare variance analysis and reporting for the project teams
- Monitor Capital and Opex budgets and provide updates on tracking
- Assist with the production of budget and forecasting models across the business
- Provide figures and commentary for regulatory reporting requirements
- Work with the business stakeholders as required to inform on financial positions and to assist with astute financial management strategies
This role offers variety and opportunity to get involved and understand the whole business. If you are commercial by nature and love improving outcomes through your work, this role will suit you.
The role requires relevant accounting qualifications (CA / CPA) and first class communication and engagement skills. You will work in close conjunction with a wide cohort of stakeholders across the business, and you will need to be able to get in behind the operations and really understand the financial drivers. You will be a competent writer as part of the role requires completion of various regulatory reporting requirements to external parties. Previous experience working with regulatory reporting will be a high priority
Salary c., $100k + super negotiable on experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8774