Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Apr, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8774
This organisation is a large commercial business operating in a highly regulated environment. They offer excellent working conditions and benefits for their people. They are a number one choice for commercial employment in Canberra due to the range of career opportunities they can offer.
This is a permanent role working closely with a small team focused on project reporting and commercial analysis. Whilst your team is small, your footprint across the business is broad and you will get to know the whole business and work in conjunction with a wide cohort of stakeholders. If you enjoy working beyond the numbers to really understand and add value to the business, this is a great role for you.
This role is about solving problems and enabling business outcomes through astute financial analysis and management in the project space.
You will engage with stakeholders right across the business from top to bottom in order to:
- Prepare monthly project progress reports for the Executive
- Prepare variance analysis and reporting for the project teams
- Monitor Capital and Opex budgets and provide updates on tracking
- Assist with the production of budget and forecasting models across the business
- Provide figures and commentary for regulatory reporting requirements
- Work with the business stakeholders as required to inform on financial positions and to assist with astute financial management strategies
This role offers variety and the opportunity to get involved and understand the whole business. If you are commercial by nature and love improving outcomes through your work, this role will suit you.
Our client operates in a complex business and regulatory environment. You will need first class communication skills and a naturally curious nature in order to ask the right questions and get in behind the business to understand it.
Once you understand it, you can then really add value through your analysis and financial management skills. Questioning assumptions, analysing business cases and re-writing commentary are all part of the role.
In addition to the interpersonal and communication skills, we also require:
- Relevant finance qualifications (CA/CPA preferred but not necessarily essential)
- Demonstrated ability to analyse complex numbers and provide astute / concise financial reporting and commentary
- The ability to support your assumptions and your numbers with logic and evidence
- Demonstrated ability to manage your own workload in a mature way and balance priorities as required
If you can demonstrate first class communication skills and you have the relevant commercial or Big4 consulting background, please get in touch for further details.
Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
c., $90 – 98k + enhanced super and parking
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8774