Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12365
Our client is one of Canberra’s leading energy companies providing electricity and gas distribution networks within the ACT. Their business is built on the qualities of safety, reliability, dependability, trust, and certainty along with a commitment to innovation and keeping ahead of the rapidly changing energy landscape.
You will join the Corporate Procurement Team, which is responsible for delivering effective, efficient and quality contract management and procurement related support and services.
This is a 2 year contract working in a small team of 3 staff. You will be given the opportunity to:
- Gain security in a long-term contract where you will accrue sick/annual leave and receive 15% super
- Engage in an interesting portfolio of work with varying levels of contract risk, value and complexity
- Progress your career in procurement within a renowned commercial organisation
- Work with great people in a light-hearted and friendly environment
Your key responsibilities:
- Keep abreast of market conditions and supplier status
- Provide assistance and guidance to the business on procurements and contract management activities
- Establish and maintain a contract register for all corporate supplier contracts
- Prepare tender and contract documents, negotiate with suppliers, evaluate tenders and offers in conjunction with contract owners
- Lead contract evaluations, assist in the development of appropriate sourcing strategies and identify contract risks
- Actively build relationships with suppliers and coordinate and lead supplier performance meetings
- Develop Contract Management Plans and the discharge of contract duties for both parties, including monitoring supplier performance against KPIs
- Manage contract variations and contractor claims
- Ensure adherence to the procurement framework across the business, and maintain probity throughout procurement and contract management activities
Your Background and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a procurement and/or contract management position. You will also have:
- Experience preparing tenders, evaluations and contract negotiations
- Knowledge of modern supply chain concepts and supporting systems and technologies
- Experience developing supplier relationships with a focus on supplier performance and customer service
- Analytical thinking skills in order to make sound and informed decisions
- Excellent writing skills with the use of clear, concise language in all written products
A “CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply” or equivalent will be highly regarded.
Salary / Rate
- $89K – $104K + 15% Super
- 2 year contract
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12365.