Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 26th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12267
Our client is a small, dynamic and specialist private consultancy company with a tactical approach to client delivery. They provide procurement and commercial advice at all stages of the contract lifecycle to their federal government clients.
They are recognised for going above and beyond the obvious problem and digging deeper to identify the heart of a matter. They have developed a reputation for delivering excellence and have a number of high-profile jobs currently on foot.
This is a permanent role where you will join a highly successful team and support federal government clients on large-scale procurement projects.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Be exposed to diverse and interesting consulting projects
- Work with energetic and inspirational Principals who are changing the face of procurement in Canberra
- Join a small company that focuses on flexible work-life balance and a positive team culture
- Benefit from a leading approach to remuneration, generous leave policies, access to performance bonuses and professional development training
As a Procurement Consultant, you will be working with federal government clients in an ‘above the line’ capacity. This means that you are privy to key decision making and will be liaising directly with project leadership and key stakeholders. No two days will be the same and you will be comfortable keeping pace with our clients and their needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of strategic procurement and commercial advice across large-scale projects within different areas of Defence
- Preparing procurement documentation across the contract lifecycle, from business cases and approvals to innovative approaches to market
- Thinking critically to provide solutions to potential problems or realised issues in a timely manner
- Focusing on solving underlying issues, rather than patch-fixing the symptoms
- Representing the organisation during client meetings and working groups
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and team members
Your Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience in procurement and/or contract management in a federal government environment (either directly or in a consulting capacity).
It’s essential that you have synonymous experience with the role description above, including the following demonstrated skills:
- Development and presentation of complex problem-solving logic
- Ability to adjust to different working environments quickly
- Attention to detail in the development of clear, concise and plain English documentation
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies and competitive procurements
- Extracting value through commercial measures
The following experience will be highly regarded, although not essential:
- Department of Defence procurement/contract management experience
- ICT procurement/contract management experience
To be eligible for this role, you must be an Australian citizen and have a Baseline security clearance.
Salary / Rate
- $100K – $150K + 9.5% Super
- Permanent ongoing consultant position
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12267.