Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Mar, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10819
People and Capability Manager
YWCA is a high-profile not-for-profit organisation of national significance and is committed to providing quality, innovative services across the ACT and surrounding regions. Their leadership team have been modernising their business after a period of significant growth taking them to an annual turnover of around $20 million. They offer the community a wide variety of services including 5 early learning centres, sporting programs, large group accommodation centres and after school care.
As the People and Capability Manager you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team with an inclusive culture. YWCA Canberra is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the ACT’s longest standing for purpose organisations
You will have an opportunity to focus on driving HR initiatives which will directly contribute to the growth and success of the organisation.
You will be challenged and supported to achieve business goals while having direct contact with the CEO to take the business to the next level.
As the People and Capability Manager you will be involved in both the strategic and operations side of the business including industrial relations, human resource and capability functions across the organisation.
You will be in a senior position within the Finance and Corporate Services Team, reporting to the CEO.
Responsibilities would include but are limited to:
- Providing high level, current industrial relations advice consistent with YWCA Canberra’s values and culture, best practice and relevant legislation, to Executive Management Team
- Oversee key HR functions including recruitment, performance review and assessment process
- Strengthen the Organisation’s approach to industrial relations, management and workplace gender diversity.
- Work closely with the CEO in the negotiation of the Enterprise Agreement
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation and attend external events
You are an experienced People and Capability Manager who is a strong collaborative innovative leader, with the ability to identify and develop key relationships with stakeholders. You will demonstrate empathy and be passionate about seeing employees thrive and have a sound knowledge and practical experience in industrial relations.
In addition, you will have:
- Strong practical experience in generalist human resource management
- Knowledge and practice in organisation capability, learning and staff development
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, including well developed written skills and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, together with the ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and represent the organisation.
- Highly developed project management skills including an ability to follow through tasks from conception to completion
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources, industrial relations, people and capability and/or other relevant professional qualifications
This role would suit a high performer with a growth mindset looking for a career where you can make a significant impact.
Please note: A Working with Vulnerable People registration is essential for this role.
$95K – $104K per year plus Super plus PBI
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Fowler on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10819