Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 13th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8725
Organisational Change & Communications Manager
This is an opportunity to join a medium sized Department where you can really buy-in to the outcomes and feel aligned with the values of what your organisation achieves.
The Department has embarked on a major change to their organisational operating model in the Corporate area and need an experienced organisational change and communications manager to assist with the implementation.
This change will allow the Department of deliver a better service to their internal clients.
A new EL2 has been brought in to programme manage and lead this project which after a few months is still in the Greenfields stage. They are looking for someone like you to assist in supporting the people side of this major organisational and business change.
The initial 3 areas of focus for this change will be payroll, recruitment and accounts.
The programme manager is looking for someone like you to assist in supporting the people side of change for the project on a 6 + 6 month contract.
Your main areas of responsibilities will include:
- Conduct change impact assessment and business change impact analysis
- Assess business readiness for change
- Manage stakeholder matrix and engagement schedule
- Managing business challenges, objectives and interdependent activity
- Support stakeholders in adopting the change and performance with new systems
- Develop communication materials
You are pragmatic and can support a diverse group of stakeholders as they embark on a change journey. You are able to tailor your message and approach to different people with varying levels of buy in and understanding of the change.
You are someone who can empathise, manage resistance, build relationships across the business and develop communication and strategies to support the transition.
You describe yourself as a supporter/facilitator of change rather than a driver of change.
Ideally you are someone who has experience in a similar role or on a shared service project
You have at least 3-5 years’ experience as Change Manager or Senior Change Analyst and are experience using mainstream change management methodologies eg PROSCI/ ADKAR
You will likely have all or a combination of the following:
- Experience in developing communication and other materials to support the introduction of new technology and/or changes to business practices and processes
- The ability to work and understand the needs of both public servants & science professionals who will approach change in different ways.
- Exemplary communication and stakeholder management skills.
Due to the nature of the work Australian Citizenship is mandatory with a Baseline security clearance preferred but not essential.
$85-$110 per hour + Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8725