Connect with Tom on email, or via, via
POSTED 11th Nov, 2021 REF NO. BBBH15273
National Property Advisor
Join a department that is a key part of our country’s infrastructure with a strong social and environmental responsibility and a progressive approach to servicing its clients across Australia. With a proactive diversity and inclusion strategy in place, they understand the importance of a supportive workplace in a demanding and complex environment. Based centrally in Canberra, you will work in modern offices with a friendly but focused team environment.
This is an excellent opportunity if you have property portfolio management experience and want to step into a fast-paced and busy environment within a respected government authority. In this ongoing role, you will ensure the adequate, timely management and delivery of multiple property and accommodation related projects and services. You will provide high level strategic support nationally.
You will ensure delivery of property and accomodation programs and projects, and ensure they comply with established policies, practices, and guidelines. You will provide advice to leadership on property projects, align and manage the agency’s property portfolio to meet current and future business needs, and identify opportunities for selecting and implementing strategies for improvement.
- Manage the tenure of leases and licenses, including lease negotiations, rent reviews and acquisition and disposal of property in a commercial manner
- Undertake negotiations as required including native title issues, lease, and license management
- Day to day operation of a national portfolio
- Maintain and implement repair and maintenance programs, including procurement and contractor management for operational and cost-effective outcomes
- Project management for office fit-out and relocation
- Financial management of the national property portfolio budgets, forecasting and accruals
- Prepare reports to the management on property i.e., performance, acquisition, disposals
Your Background and Experience
You will have substantial experience in managing property portfolios, ideally within a Commonwealth agency including, but not limited to; commercial leasing and property management, stakeholder negotiations and facilities and contractor management. You will have:
- Proven experience managing a diverse property portfolio with a range of complex issues and competing priorities
- Experience working in compliance with Commonwealth procurement and property management frameworks
- The ability to manage budgets effectively, along with high-level financial management
- Excellent relationship-building capabilities – be able to understand, adapt, reward, listen, consult, and support others
- Up to date knowledge of industry standards and practices, and implement within policies and procedures
Salary / Rate
- $132K – $152K + super
- Permanent ongoing position
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Haskell on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. BH 15273.
HorizonOne is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from people of all cultures, capabilities, and backgrounds.