Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 25th Oct, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12170
General Manager Acquisitions
About Village Building Co
**PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CANBERRA BASED ROLE**
The Village Building Co Limited are a highly successful residential property development company with offices and projects throughout the east coast of Australia. They are an unlisted public company with a results-driven culture and a primary focus on quality, affordable housing projects comprising of planned housing estates that cater for a broad range of lifestyles and housing needs.
Village aim to develop thriving, sustainable communities not only for today, but for the enjoyment of future generations. They deliver the full spectrum of developments including land, house and land, apartments, and mixed-use developments. Village also own and operate the Big Banana fun park in Coffs Harbour.
This is an opportunity to take on a broad, challenging and interesting role working with the leaders of the business to make a strategic impact. They are looking to grow their development pipeline, in particular around Brisbane, Western Sydney and Canberra. You will be part of a high performing, very experienced team who operate with a focus on strong, long term relationships within the broader Village “family” of stakeholders.
The National Acquisitions Manager is responsible for identifying, assessing, negotiating, and executing new project opportunities for the business across the eastern seaboard of Australia. The role is based in Canberra and will from time to time involve travel to other locations interstate.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Identify new project opportunities in accordance with the Strategic Plan and Acquisitions Strategy
- Undertake project assessments and detailed due diligence activity including management of internal and external resources
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with consultants, valuers, real estate agents, local councils and governments, and service providers that can assist in identifying new project opportunities and/or undertaking of due diligence activities
- Assess and proactively identify opportunities within the ACT Land Release Program
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including the Board and Executive Team, sales and marketing, engineering, construction, finance, governments and councils, consultants, valuers, agents and landowners
Your Background and Experience
You have deep technical expertise in residential property valuations or feasibilities and are passionate about property development and the building game. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong personal drive to succeed. You have a natural sense of what is a good deal, and pride yourself on building long term, strategic relationships where you are a trusted subject matter expert. You will enjoy the opportunity to play a critical strategic role in growing a business and project managing a broad variety of options on your development pipeline.
The ideal background would be an existing residential acquisitions manager looking for a long term role in a stable, well run commercial business. Alternatively, someone who has a strong background in valuations or property advisory and is a rising star in the development/building community would also be a strong fit.
Salary / Rate
- $200K + Super (negotiable)
- Free parking
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12170.