Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Mar, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8690
Manager Internal Audit - Time to move client side?
Our client is a well-respected and market leading commercial service provider with complex operational and corporate risks to manage proactively through a well-executed internal audit program. As an employer of choice within the ACT, they offer competitive and flexible working conditions and ample career development opportunities for those looking to develop their career.
Working to the General Counsel you will project manage and shape the internal audit program. Each year you will work with senior level stakeholders (CEO and Board) to design and implement the internal audit annual roadmap to meet strategic and regulatory needs. In this high profile role you will be encouraged to work collaboratively across senior level stakeholders, and have a clear direction with autonomy to get the job done.
If you are working as a Manager/Senior Manager in the firms and are looking to work “client-side”, this may well be the role for you. If you are seeking part-time hours or flexibility in your working periods, an individually negotiated arrangement is welcomed. This is a chance to see your recommendations and audit outcomes be implemented to effect lasting change.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the internal audit ‘expert’ in the organisation and so provide advice, recommendations, and a roadmap forward
- Design and maintain internal audit systems, processes, execution, ad hoc appraisals, investigations, reviews, programs, evaluation mechanisms, and standards
- Lead the maintenance of an effective internal audit framework and provide related services that conform to best practice principles and standards
- Develop and maintain a broad, comprehensive internal audit program to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, quality control and governance processes
- Help coordinate assurance activities across the organisation
- Lead the coordination and management of external management system audits
- Manage vendors/external providers and related procurement and contract management activities in relation to internal audits
- Present to various Committees on the recommendations, progress, and outcomes of your reporting
You are an experienced Internal Audit Senior Manager/Manager and you are likely working in the Big 4 or a middle tier firm, and looking to do something different. You can negotiate with Senior Stakeholders and have a track record for delivering high quality audits programs that lead to substantial improvements.
You desire to work for the one client as you are seeking to make a greater impact beyond the cycle of reports and recommendations. You exhibit a consultative and collaborative approach to your communication, and are happy working with all levels of the organisation to understand their challenges. You gather evidence, perform high level analysis, make recommendations for change, and then negotiate outcomes that clearly improve the organisations you work for.
Up to $150K + 15% Super + excellent working conditions
If you are an Internal Auditor and this role sounds great, but isn’t quite the right opportunity, please get in touch with me on the number below for a confidential discussion on a wide range of other assurance opportunities available.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8690