Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 9th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8423
Management Accountant - Capital Budgets
Our client is a government entity supporting a range of programs that promote health and wellbeing for all Australians. North Canberra based.
This is an initial 6 month engagement working closely with the CFO on strategic budgeting processes. Strong opportunity for longer term engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of capital budgets in line with Federal Government accounting frameworks
- Analysis and review of a range of data and assumptions to ensure accuracy of budget inputs and costings
- Develop, produce and analyse reports to provide information and independent advice on budgets and budget outcomes
- Contribute, review and advise on management accounting matters to assist in the enabling of informed decision-making
- Other related finance duties as required
This is a broad role with lots of variety and interesting challenges for an accountant with expertise in capital budgets.
You will possess the following:
- CA/CPA Qualified
- Demonstrated liaison, interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence stakeholders through good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in government budgeting processes with a particular focus on capital planning
- Well-developed critical analysis skills and commercial acumen
- Strong Excel skills with cost modelling experience
- Experience using a large FMIS such as TechOne or SAP
- You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain a Security Clearance
c., $110k – $120k + enhanced super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8423.