Connect with Zac on email, or via, via
POSTED 18th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12394
Java EE Developer
This smaller sized federal agency makes a big impact on Australians and is responsible for the operation of the federal electoral system. If you are interested in working in a dynamic, innovative and collaborative environment, this could be the place for your next move.
This agency is seeking a Senior Java Developer who understands what it means to develop in a DevOps environment with CI/CD experience. You will be working as part of a team to maintain, upgrade and extend existing software built on the Java EE framework.
- Collaborate with other developers to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy enterprise software
- Maintain and upgrade elements of the Java EE hosting environment and CI/CD pipeline
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate, analyse and resolve technical issues and application problems
- Create technical documentation for design, reference and reporting
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Participate in peer-review of solution designs and related code, and develop unit tests and conduct integration testing
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members
Your Background and Experience
Working collaboratively with your team you will have a strong ability to develop and maintain high quality, secure, robust and scalable level enterprise solutions using Java and Java Enterprise Edition.
- In-depth technical knowledge of Java frameworks: experience configuring and optimising Java EE application servers and java CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work in a team environment delivering a high level of customer service, with the ability to build strong working relationships and trust with clients, stakeholders and senior management
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing complex technical issues
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations
- Experience in preparing and maintaining technical documentation, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures to colleagues and non-technical audiences
- JBoss EAP and Apache Tomcat including use of JMS, JPA and JSF
- Maven, Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GIT, and PowerShell
- Application performance monitoring and performance testing tools (e.g. Rational Performance Tester)
- MS SQL Server
- Geospatial data, GDAL/OGR
Salary / Rate
- Competitive rates will be offered dependent on experience and qualifications
- Initial engagement through until 2020 EOFY with a 6 month extension option
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Zac Weston on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12394.