Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 28th Apr, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11078
Internal Budgets & Reporting - APS5/6
This federal agency performs a critical function for Australia nationally and internationally. Their portfolio is high profile and the work complex and engaging.
This is a chance to join the public service with initial engagement by contract. Working in a medium to large management accounting team, your subject matter will be internal budgets. Having mastered this craft and given the size of team, there is strong opportunity to move internally and learn external budgets, costings, financial statements and divisional management reporting. With size comes career opportunities and exposure to lots of highly capable managers and influencers to learn from.
You will be provided a genuine chance to build a career and see your strong performance rewarded with acting opportunities and promotions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high level and detailed financial analysis for divisions and central finance
- Maintain budget allocations in large FMIS
- Regular and ad hoc reporting for senior stakeholders
- Develop and maintain supporting worksheets for internal budgets
- Assist in coordinating the budget process and budget documentation
- Work with the finance business partners to prepare relevant reports and documents
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand their business areas and key programs so that you can assist with accurate information underpinned by supported assumptions.
This is a numbers focused role that requires very strong analysing skills. You are a person who can learn fast and contribute quickly. Qualified accountants with Big4 advisory or ASX listed backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Relevant accounting qualifications including CA/CPA or with a good progress towards
- Previous experience in management accounting
- Sound awareness of the PGPA Act and its compliance requirements
- High attention to detail in your numbers and for documenting assumptions
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with ability to analyse and interrogate data
- Well-honed writing skills
- A high level of organisation with ability to manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly developed interpersonal engagement skills.
Only Australian citizens will be considered for this role. A Baseline clearance is not essential on engagement so it may suit a strong performer who has made a clear decision to move from commercial or finance consulting into the APS.
$75K – $90K + 15.4% super OR $50 – $60/hour + 9.5% super OR salary match for transfers.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 11078