Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 29th Nov, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8311
Our client is a rapidly expanding Canberra business. The role now exists for an Intermediate Accountant to join the team in a key growth role.
The Intermediate Accountant role is a key role in the finance team with a focus on;
- Assist the month end close and reporting process to ensure that the outputs are timely, relevant and reliable.
- Prepare month end board reports.
- Assist with management and control of operating costs including budget setting, month end reporting and liaising with project managers.
- Assist with preparation of year end statutory reports and ensure timely and audit relationships are maintained.
- Assistance with the budget process.
- Analysis of project costs
- Assist with system improvements and process reform across the finance area
- Support other accounting functions
The role will require good technical skills and there is also strong opportunity to get involved in projects that will add significant value and improvement to the business. Intermediate / Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a must as there is extensive complex spreadsheet work.
The successful candidate will have;
- Qualifications in accounting with CA/CPA
- Strong analytical skills
- Senior leadership skills
- Project management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This is a great role with strong career development opportunities for future progression in an interesting business. The role is only open to Australian Citizens eligible to obtain a Baseline AGSVA clearance.
Excellent salary package commensurate with experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8311