Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9075
Interim CFO - Executive Level 2
Iconic cultural institution that is largely Government funded. Work with a passionate team who have a great deal of care and pride for their organisation and its outcomes. The team works in a well structured environment with modern systems. Free parking available.
The role is initially offered for 6 months with some potential for longer term engagement. There will be a comprehensive handover into the role from the current incumbent.
This role offers an attractive remuneration package in a flexible, diverse and inclusive work culture. Work with smart, visionary people in a renowned Australian institution.
The role leads a team of 12 people looking after financial management and procurement for the organisation. With an expected start date in August (can start earlier if needed), the financial statements will be delivered, and the budget process will be complete.
Therefore, your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide leadership and support to the team looking after day to day financial operations, financial governance and procurement
- Continue to develop close relationships with the business to improve financial and procurement outcomes
- Present financial and budget outcomes to the corporate management group and other key stakeholders
- Provide high quality strategic financial direction and advice to the corporate management group and committees
- Champion continuous improvement projects
- Represent the organisation in arrange of forums as required
- Oversight of an extensive capital development program of works
The role will suit an energetic, forward thinking person with sound commercial acumen and excellent engagement skills. Strong technical finance skills (CPA/CA) are required and you will be a good people manager, able to bring out the best in your team.
The role engages with a range of senior stakeholders on the executive level and various committees, so first class communication and negotiation skills are needed.
You will be a credible EL2 with a proven track record of working effectively under pressure to deliver high-quality advice and outcomes.
You must be an Australian Citizen able to obtain an AGSVA security clearance.
c., $160k or equivalent hourly rates
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 9075