Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Dec, 2018 REF NO. BBBH7928
ICT Business Partner / Project Accountant
Our client is a medium sized Commonwealth Department with a policy and program agenda that has a massive impact on the community and the future of Australia. The management accounting team manage sizeable Departmental and Administered budgets, and support complex programs including activity based funding. Like mane Federal Departments they are currently undergoing rapid change and transformation of their technology and business processes.
This is an opportunity to work with a high performing management accounting team that are applying commercial project accounting approaches to Commonwealth project finances. They will encourage you to innovate and develop reporting, to develop and build relationships with key business areas, as well as to help automate and improve financial management processes. Tools used internally are SAP and TM1.
If you are an ongoing Commonwealth employee you can transfer into this role. If you are coming from commercial accounting or from being a contractor, a long term contract of 12 months or more can be negotiated with a view to permanency.
The Finance Business Partner delivers on the Corporate Operating Model for the Chief Information Officer. This position provides a critical link between the financial management accountability and the CIO’s core business in developing and implementing the Department’s IT strategy, development and ICT overarching governance.
- provide financial support for the CIO and manage and report on the IT Branch and Corporate Account IT budgets
- managing and reporting on the department’s capital budget to the Executive Board
- analysis and reporting on the department’s IT projects to the Implementation Committee
- project accounting responsibilities including monthly project accounting settlement process
- working with a range of stakeholders to provide strategic advice
- contribute to the management team and the development/implementation of branch and divisional business plans.
The role will suit an astute Management Accountant with very good analytical skills and commercial acumen. You will have either strong business partnering experience ideally with an ICT division, or strong project accounting experience.
Government experience is not essential, however you will need to be a citizen with strong Australian experience and be able to secure a Government security clearance.
Circa $100 – $112k + super or salaries matched for transfer options
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 7928