Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 15th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8310
Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
This high profile institution is driving a major modernisation across all corporate and core functions and requires a high performing, future thinking CPA/CA to support the development of best practice contemporary financial management. With significant commercial revenues and unique commercial operations, this will be a fascinating challenge for a commercially astute CPA/CA to apply their experience to.
If you are an analytical management accountant that loves tying together data, measures of business activity to forecasting, budgets and reporting this is for you. You will work closely with the CFO and Executive to tie the new business strategy to financial information to form a platform for strategic decision making.
Consider this a greenfields role where you will setup best practice, intuitive financial management practices from scratch. You will gain strong exposure across the Executive team and apply what you learn to your work.
The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis supports the Chief Finance Officer in managing the Gallery’s strategic financial planning, analysing financial performance and income generating capability and managing commercial revenue streams, trusts and endowments.
The focus is on delivering strategic, insightful analysis and advice that is critical to the Gallery’s senior management and Council to support delivery of the NGA’s vision.
Take ownership of the financial planning and analysis for the agency, with key duties including:
- Developing and maintaining the financial strategic plan and long-term financial sustainability plan to support achievement of the business strategy and vision
- Managing and analysing data, business activity and performance indicators to deliver high quality financial performance reports with insightful analysis and sound financial forecasts
- Analysing and driving improvements and growth initiatives for the Agency
- Developing and maintaining internal budget principles and five-year internal budget allocations that support income generating capability and achievement of the financial strategic plan
- Commercial analysis and financial management of diverse sources of income including: investments, endowments, trusts, and a variety of commercial ventures
- Partnering across the business areas, understanding key financial drivers and providing financial management support across the organisation
- Delivering accurate external budgets, new policy proposals and costings in accordance with the financial framework, including updating the Central Budget Management System administered by the Department of Finance
- Preparing the financial tables and associated analysis for the Portfolio Budget and Additional Estimates Statements for tabling in the Parliament
- Planning and directing the activities of the team to support streamlined processes, continual improvement and an achievement orientated environment
- Providing leadership and managing staff including developing, coaching and mentoring to build commitment to achieving the agency’s better practice vision
- Interacting, collaborating and influencing the senior leadership team
You are a highly capable CPA/CA with excellent judgement, analytical skills and advanced competencies with budgeting/forecasting, producing financial analytics, KPI’s and metrics, and management reporting. You are highly capable with systems (strong MS Excel), and can develop streamlined processes to maximise efficiency. You have strong commercial acumen and have applied this to a range of commercial challenges.
The ideal person has a strong commercial background in FP&A or Commercial Analysis or similar, before recently transitioning to Federal Government, but this is not essential.
A competitive EL2 salary will be negotiated for the successful candidate. Transfers considered from other agencies. If outside the APS the role will start with a long term contract with view to permanency.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8310