Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 20th Nov, 2018 REF NO. BBBH8242
Group Financial Controller
Commercially focused government business enterprise with an expanding team and range of services.
This is a 12 month contract opportunity as a government employee. Great chance to stretch your management skills in this EL2 equivalent role looking after a good sized team.
This role leads a multi-disciplinary team responsible for provision of core financial accounting services to the organisation. Key services include financial reporting, assets and revenue management with a focus on compliance and service delivery.
Core outcomes / responsibilities for your team and role are likely to include;
- Delivery of statutory financial statements
- Oversight of revenue and asset management processes
- Provision of advice on technical accounting issues and accounting policy matters to the Executive and wider accounting team
- Participate in the delivery of strategic goals and objectives for the area and ensure your team perform to a high level
- Key contact for internal and external audit processes
- Updating and administration of financial delegations and policies
- Build key relationships across the business sufficient to perform your role to a high level
This role requires a qualified CA/CPA Accountant with sound commercial financial management expertise and well-developed leadership skills. You will demonstrate a detailed knowledge of compliance with Australian Accounting Standards and Government reporting requirements.
You will also demonstrate your ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders to support both strategic and operation goals and objectives. In addition to your technical and leadership competence, you will be a first-class communicator with both written and verbal communications and a great problem solver.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch now for a confidential discussion.
C., $130 – $140k + enhanced super.
Australian Citizens only with ability to obtain a Baseline AGSVA security clearance.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8242