Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 5th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8641
General Manager - Corporate Contracts, Legal & Risk
CDC Data Centres provides and manages world class data centres for government and large corporates including some of the world’s most high profile brands. CDC strategic growth plans and investment have led to 35% growth in the past 12 months with exceptional prospects. As newly built data centres come online and new CAPEX builds more facilities each year, it is clearly an exciting time to join an industry leader.
This is a green field senior management opportunity reporting to the CFO and working closely with the leaders of the organisation. You will have autonomy to establish a well-defined contracts and related risk management function, whilst applying your commercial and legal acumen to add value to organisational decision making. As you bed down the core processes and systems supporting the function including a fit for purpose contracts database, you will help drive the development of new services/products and bedding down new contracts, bids and tenders.
The General Manager – Corporate Contracts & Risk is responsible for ensuring CDC obtains optimal commercial outcomes in its dealings with third parties, so that the company fully understands contractual risk upfront, can avoid excessive contractual risk and has strategies in place to appropriately manage or discharge its obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- To be a proactive and commercially astute advisor to the corporate management team
- To articulate contractual risks and put in place control and reporting mechanisms to successfully manage key risks
- Establish and formalize the corporate contracts, risk and procurement functions within CDC including a fit-for-purpose contracts data base
- Support the development of new products and services through commercial, market and contractual analysis. Support the continued scaling and growth of CDC
- To appraise supplier and customer proposals, bids and contracts and add value through recommending and negotiating improved outcomes for CDC
- Establish pragmatic, best practice contract and procurement management processes set up in a way that adds value to Executive and Board decision making. Advance risk management practices to suit the needs of the business and Board
- Ensure proactive monitoring, reporting and escalation of risks and any non-compliances
- Comprehensively review existing contractual arrangements and identify risks to be controlled internally or renegotiated externally within the current contract set. Review legal implications of new and existing contracts
- Translate contractual obligations in to service deliverables which can then be articulated to the broader team so they can design and implement processes to ensure CDC’s obligations are met. Work hands-on to help operational teams think through and establish core processes
- Provide detailed commercial analysis through the development of larger contracts and bids, and support with the drafting of key contracts, bids and tenders
You are a commercially astute senior manager with a background in commercial infrastructure businesses that have led to expertise across commercial contracts, risk, procurement and legal. You enjoy a broad role where you really invest in your subject matter in order to add value to the strategic direction of the organisation you work for. You are an influential communicator with strong customer focus able to effect commercially sound win-win outcomes. You are a high performer who will value working within a high-performing team in an organisation that will stretch you to the next level.
$180 – $200K + Super
- Free onsite parking
- Competitive relocation package
- Performance incentives in the future
To be eligible for this role you MUST be an Australian citizen eligible to apply for or currently in possession of an NV1 Commonwealth security clearance. You must also have strong Australian commercial experience.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8641