Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 25th Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10473
Shift Roster Designer
Our Federal Government client plays a vital role in protecting and ensuring Australia’s economic and environmental security. With over 2,500 staff located in outports around Australia, this means that their workforce is dispersed, and you’ll be working across multiple locations, with the ability to work from any major capital city.
This opportunity will be working directly to the Director of the division to enhance their staffing capability and efficiencies. You will have the chance to challenge yourself with an interesting project that has already had some wins and they’re looking to continue to make changes to improve divisional efficiencies.
There is flexibility on the location within Australia for this role across capital cities.
This role will be continuing the work done by a technical specialist who has come in and done the initial set up of the new reporting tool.
The Workforce Manager / Forecasting & Rostering Specialist to develop workload forecasts and shift rosters for large and small teams that work in a 24/7 environment who perform a range of different roles.
You will be continuing to update and refine the reporting tool that has been set up in PowerBI. You will use your experience in developing reports in Power BI including writing DAX formulas.
In addition to forecasting experience and/or experience with any statistical tools (e.g. R, SPSS etc), you’ll focus on:
- Workload demand analysis, overtime usage analysis, budget/ASL restrictions, Enterprise Agreement requirements and WHS requirements
- Both qualitative and quantitative data to forecast workload volume and resourcing capacity
- Improvements in efficiency and resource savings as a result of workforce management recommendations and present them to the Executive for consideration and endorsement
- Research and analysis that involves complex data and broad workload impacts, including liaising with other sections on policy, project, or operational issues, to develop short to long term plans.
The forecasts and shift rosters delivered by the specialist should identify capacity against forecast demand, and periods of excess capacity that cannot be managed through roster design.
Your Background and Experience
You will bring your previous experience in designing shift rosters and/or developing workload forecasts in large complex organisations and environments. In addition, you will be able to:
- Work autonomously and remain motivated to produce a polished product without direct oversight
- Gain and provide insight into business domains and new data sources through independent technical exploration and working with business experts
It’s mandatory to have relevant tertiary qualifications (in mathematics, computer science, data analytics, organisational design or organisational analytics) or extensive comparable industry experience.
Australian citizenship is mandatory to apply.
Salary / Rate
- $65 – $85 per hour + Super
- Due to the current work climate, there will be a degree of work from home flexibility
- 6 month contract
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 10473.