Connect with Alan on email, or via, via
POSTED 26th Mar, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10931
Financial Operations Manager - EL1 level
This unique government organisation provides a highly valued benefit to Australia. Their policies and programs provide an essential service to the nation through the Covid-19 pandemic. They are centrally located in Canberra.
In a time of rapid change, this role is an opportunity to provide strong leadership to a large accounts processing team during uncertain times. You will be the captain of a team that has national impact, help drive a large improvement project, and manage the day to day BAU. You will provide positive leadership in the office or whilst you and the team are working from home.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Personnel leadership; recruitment, retention and performance management – engage and motivate teams
- Oversight of AP / AR / debt recovery
- Manage team budget, contracts, and procurement
- Identify and deliver innovative continuous improvement in accounts processing to achieve efficient and effective operations
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and resolution of internal and external stakeholder matters including providing high level technical advice
- Account reconciliations (complex)
- Develop and implement work plans, set priorities and evaluate work methodology / performance (particularly in relation to working from home arrangements)
This opportunity calls for a commercially minded thinker – able to lead a large team to deliver BAU whilst also driving significant process improvements. You will have in depth understanding of accounts processing and have demonstrated experience leading large teams through change. You are dynamic in style, enjoy delivering outcomes in challenging circumstances, and can adapt your approach to various audiences and contexts. You have an accounting background and may well be CA/CPA qualified (though not required) and want to play your part in making a significant contribution to Australia through the pandemic. This role will suit a driven candidate from a consulting background or who has worked in large, complex, commercial organisations.
$100K – $120K + 15.4% Super OR salary match for s.26 transfers
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Alan Larby on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10931