Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8559
Finance Business Partner
Small Federal Government agency experiencing rapid change and growth at present. This organisation supports a range of key services across Australia.
This role is a permanent transfer opportunity for existing APS. You will support a number of key business areas with managing their budgets and monthly financial reporting and compliance.
- Develop and maintain Divisional budget ledger and supporting documentation for the forward estimates and planning
- Develop and maintain financial plans and budget movement analysis reports to support analysis of administered funding requirements
- Undertake analysis and evaluation of key program trends, cost drivers and identification of budget issues in support of high-level analysis and evaluation of the Divisional financial planning requirements
- Contribute to business improvement for core financial management processes within your divisional areas
- Maintain budgeting and costings tools and templates, business rules, policies and procedures to ensure up to date and consistent use across the Divisions
- Support the provision of monthly financial management reports to key internal and external stakeholders
- Explain and present financial information and evidence to non-financial stakeholders in a clear and concise way that brokers both understanding and action where required
This is a great role for an Accountant who loves working out in the trenches with people. Your ability to provide accurate and timely financial information in a way that influences key decisions will result in strong outcomes for the business.
Key skills and experience will likely include:
- Proven experience in the development and maintenance of divisional financial budgets in a large FMIS such as SAP / FinanceOne
- Highly developed skills in reconciliation, analysis and data management with a systematic approach to version controls, maintenance of audit trails and change processes
- Highly developed skills in the use Excel and database tools. Ability to develop, manipulate and analyse Excel pivot tables essential
- Experience and demonstrated ability in the development and maintenance of complex costing models and costing analysis highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships- interpersonal skills of a high order, ability to work independently and collaboratively to deliver quality results
- CA/CPA accreditation highly desirable
- Must be an Australian Citizen
Circa., $110k + 15.4% super. Salary match for existing APS employees.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on 02 61084878, quoting Ref No. 8559