Connect with Simon on email, or via, via
POSTED 4th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9176
Executive Manager - Commercial Services
Work with a leading commercial employer for the Canberra region and help steer them through their next period of growth and change. This complex, multi-faceted organisation offers a finance professional exceptional development opportunities and the chance to really test their commercial acumen in a dynamic, changing environment.
Do you enjoy working with an Executive team to drive strategic decision making? Do you enjoy helping an organisation make well informed, smart commercial choices?
This is a very rare opportunity in the Canberra market for you to enter a premium employer at a level where you can make a significant impact. Working across the GM’s of all key business areas, with the CEO and reporting to the CFO, you will lead the advisory, treasury and commercial services functions. You will have the opportunity to test and further develop your commercial capabilities by reviewing material business cases and advising on key projects and investments.
Requires a commercially astute finance Executive to collaborate across the business to inform strategic decision making and support the business by:
- Reviewing major investments and business cases and advising the Executive on their alignment with strategy
- Working with the CFO to review and assess new business opportunities, providing strategic recommendations for ways to improve financial performance
- Reviewing the financial performance of the organisation with analysis and commentary for multiple audiences
- Negotiating agreements around the provision of corporate services across business areas and customers
- Managing revenue and cash including oversight of the Treasurer. Ensure commercial services cost allocation in line with the agreed model
- Supporting GM’s and Senior Management in relation to procurement and contracts activities
- Overseeing management of insurance framework and key policies
- Developing a strategic financial plan for the finance division
- Leading a team of 6 specialist staff across Advisory, Treasury and Commercial Services
You are a commercially astute Senior Manager with a background in complex commercial businesses that have led to expertise across commercial analysis, contracts, risk, and financial management. You enjoy a broad role where you really invest in your subject matter in order to add value to the strategic direction of the organisation you work for. You are an influential communicator who will create strong working relationships across a diverse business in order to drive change. You are a high performer who will value working within a high-performing team in an organisation that will stretch you to the next level.
Strong experience leading commercial analysis, FP&A or specialist advisory services and related professional qualifications will be highly regarded.
$180 – $200K + Super negotiable (including bonus)
Interested applicants must have a strong experience in medium/large commercial organisations in Australia to be eligible to apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Simon Cox on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9176