Connect with Nick on email, or via, via
POSTED 16th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12440
EOI - Government Writer and Communications Officer
Our clients operate in a fast-paced work environment and their teams are responsible for delivering high-level government writing, communications, and campaigns strategy development with industry specific focus. The role would involve liaising with a diverse range of stakeholders and would call on your communication skills with state and local governments, private sector stakeholders, and the general public.
An expression of interest for a 12 month contract with extension options working within the Australian Public Service, working into responsive and highly motivated communications and media teams.
- Branch-wide exposure and access to key department influencers
- Diverse team with a host of mentor opportunities
- Professional development and training options available
- Contract and vacant positions, with permanency options available
- Write, edit, and manage the production of communication content
- Manage the distribution of materials for print publication, intranet, and web management
- Develop campaign strategies and supporting content with design teams
- Support the project area team from the vision right through to delivery with significant impact
- Support the development and implementation of communication strategies, projects, or major campaigns
Your Background and Experience
The successful candidate will come from a background of quality experience working on similar or transferable communications roles within federal government and have a strong understand of APS processes.
- Approximately 3 years’ experience in similar roles, delivering communications products and campaigns
- Tertiary qualifications in PR, communications, advertising, marketing, design or technical writing will be highly regarded
- Must be an Australian citizen to apply, ideally Baseline security cleared
Salary / Rate
- Hourly rate offered for 37.5 hour week, flexibility available
- Expected pay rate commensurate with experience
- 12-month contract with extensions available
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Nick Day on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no.12440.