Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 12th Jun, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9237
EL2- Senior Project Manager
Our client is a Federal Government Department that develops and implements policies and programmes to ensure the competiveness, profitability and sustainability of a broad range of Australian industries.
This newly created role is to support a specific project in the division. You will be managing a small team in order to get the project completed. You will be using your excellent planning skills to help deliver a number of reforms to the information platform for exporters, which are currently happening within the department.
In this role you will be working across a number of divisions with probably the Assistant Secretary’s and First Assistant Secretary’s.
The area previously went to market for this role but was unable to find the right person with the required level of skills and experience to deliver this project.
You will be joining an area involved in the development of strategies to gain, improve or maintain market access for a wide range of products as well as export certification.
This is a 6 month contract with possible extension.
In this role you will be:
- Collaborating, communicating and engaging proactively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to inform the development of the implementation activities
- Developing and managing project plans, including monitoring, evaluation and status reporting
- Representing the department in meetings with internal and external stakeholders, taking notes and preparing minutes
- Coordinating risk management activities from the program
- Preparing and providing timely advice and/or briefings for Executive Committees, the Secretary, Minister and other stakeholders
- Negotiating to resolve conflict in the context of sensitive or difficult issues
After reading this job ad you understand that this role requires a high performing senior candidate. You will combine your highly developed project management skills with your excellent communication and organisational skills which will enable you to effectively negotiate, convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues-as well as produce reports and presentations.
The ideal candidate will need to have excellent communication and organisational skills which will enable them to effectively negotiate, convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues-as well as produce reports and presentations.
As you will be working across a number of Division’s within the department, you will also need to be highly motivated, have excellent problem-solving skills and work well under pressure, exercising sound judgment in managing a specific project.
$85 – $103 per hour + 9.5% super will be offered to the successful candidate
HorizonOne has established its project & program management capability at the EL1/2 level based on the quality of our candidates and roles. If this role isn’t quite right for you and you would like to discuss other data related roles please contact me on the details below.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9237