Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 26th Mar, 2020 REF NO. BBBH10943
EL2 Program Manager - COVID-19 Support Program
Our client is a large federal government department that develops and delivers policies and programs relating to health, aged care and sport. This department is at the forefront of monitoring and responding to the outbreak of COVID-19 in Australia.
You will join a taskforce within the Continuity of Support (CoS) Program Section that has been established to specifically focus on assisting older people with a disability who are particularly vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a contract opportunity starting towards the end of April and continuing through until the 24th December 2020. There is a possibility of extension thereafter.
Your role will make a real difference to the most vulnerable Australians affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. You will lead a small team responsible for implementing a recent policy decision to provide additional support to CoS providers. Your focus will be on managing the increased funding for the program, resolving program issues and minimising policy risks to maximise the efficiency of government spending.
You responsibilities will include:
- Working in conjunction with the Director to provide leadership in the delivery of programs
- Providing strategic advice to the Executive in regard to program issues and policy risks
- Undertaking horizon scanning and addressing emerging risks and opportunities
- Provide support to the Director in continuing to build capability around the CoS function, including working collaboratively and facilitating the sharing of information across the division and the broader department
- High level stakeholder engagement and development of positive relationships
- Preparing and overseeing high-quality correspondence, briefings and reports ranging in complexity
- Promoting and managing positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including liaison, negotiation and consultation
- Delivery of key continuous improvement projects across the section
- Manage a range of projects ensuring appropriate levels of governance and assurance
The ideal candidate will have experience leading federal government program teams at the EL2 level. You will take a collaborative, pragmatic and flexible approach to working with both internal and external stakeholders, including balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness. You will have experience working with sensitive political issues within a high pressure environment where peak workloads require strong time management skills. Project management experience, transparent and collaborative decision making and a customer centric approach are all essentials to being successful in this role. If you hold the above skills along with an inclusive, motivating and inspiring leadership style, you will be the perfect fit for this role.
Although not essential, it will be highly regarded if you have experience within a program environment relating to the health sector.
To be eligible, you must be an Australian citizen and hold a Baseline security clearance.
$80 – $100 per hour + 9.5% super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 10943