Connect with Sarah on email, or via, via
POSTED 6th Feb, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8560
EL1 Senior Secretariat
This Federal Government Department designs and implements policies and programs designed to provide better health outcomes for all Australians. They achieve this through strengthening policy, program management, research and regulation among other things.
An opportunity exists for an EL1 Senior Secretariat, responsible for managing a small team of staff providing high-level secretariat support for a number of clinical health committees. This position involves working as part of a dynamic team within a complex and busy environment and would be an opportunity to sharpen your skills in a high volume and profile area. Demonstrate your leadership skills by stepping in to manage and lead a team and be rewarded with high performance. Initially a contract through to the end of financial year, this role offers strong extension prospects for the right candidate.
This busy and fast-paced role will support aspects of the Branch’s secretariat function.
Working in a tight knit team, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the branch to determine the strategic direction for the work area and align long term planning with agency goals and objectives
- Managing and supervising the management of one or more Taskforce clinical committees
- Planning and prioritisation of medium to long term Review activities.
- Producing high quality written material including committee agenda papers, meeting minutes and clinical reports
- Manage complex stakeholder relationships to ensure productive working relationships and ongoing delivery against branch outcomes
- Provide policy advice and engage in a range of policy-related activities
- Ensure compliance with relevant governance, legislation and policy
- Draft complex briefings, reports, minutes and other correspondence and review less complex documentation and correspondence
- Represent or assist in the representation of the Department in forums to discuss policy issues, progress branch outcomes and / or provide complex secretariat support
The successful applicant will need to be an experienced policy, program and / or project manager. Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as are a high level of judgement, proficient stakeholder management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities while working collaboratively in a busy, fast-paced environment. Due to the length of the initial contract, this team really need someone to hit the ground running.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive secretariat experience, preferably in an APS context
- Well-developed policy program and project management skills
- A passion for social policy and/or health
- Good understanding of corporate APS approval structure
- Ability to lead and manage a team including coaching and developing others.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement, including the ability to influence others to produce outcomes
- Background working in a clinical or scientific environment is desirable but not necessary
An hourly rate of $65 – $75 per hour + 9.5% superannuation will be offered to the successful candidate. *Please note, this is inclusive of casual leave loading in lieu of annual and sick leave.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Tamasi on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8560