Connect with James on email, or via, via
POSTED 19th Nov, 2020 REF NO. BBBH12485
EL1 Senior Project Officer
About the Organisation
Our client is a fast-paced Commonwealth Agency with a diverse portfolio across Australia. This organisation offers a chance to work with a motivated team of professional people in a diverse environment with interesting variety of work and challenges.
This government agency’s projects team are responsible for the implementation of two data platform projects that were both announced in the 2020/21 Federal Budget, relating to transport and aviation sectors.
- Close, tight-knit team of tertiary qualified subject matter experts who are outstanding in their field
- This section’s culture was internally voted and highest scoring for “workplace happiness”
- Work with a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders across the APS
- Lead the project planning sessions supporting the broader project staff, informing the creation of project timelines
- Define the scope, goals, and deliverables of the projects and identifying the resources needed
- Track progress and deliverables, providing expert advice on adaptations to work as required
- Manage departmental relationships and coordinate broader stakeholders
- Oversee project documentation, manage project risks, and develop informative reports for executive staff
Your Background and Experience
You are an experienced professional in senior project roles and have tertiary qualifications in a relevant field; experience in project management and governance.
You are comfortable in project management, responsive to change and able to adapt to multiple methodologies as needed.
You bring exceptional written communications, document control, the ability to work with technical experts, and can navigate the sensitivities and nuances of a heavily regulated industry.
Must be Australian citizen to be considered – existing Baseline clearance preferred.
Salary / Rate
- $70 – $90 per hour + Super
- Rates are competitive to level of experience
- 2020 commencement
- 12 month contract (6 + 6)
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact James Buckland on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 12485.