Connect with David on email, or via, via
POSTED 7th Jan, 2019 REF NO. BBBH8409
EL1 Senior Accountant
Our client is a Federal Government Department that plays an important role in assisting government across a wide variety of policy areas to ensure its outcomes are met. The branch supports managing financial operations in line with strategic and operational departmental policies and procedures. This department is located in modern offices in the parliamentary triangle.
This is a 6-12 month contract for an experienced accountant to support the financial management of a domestic property portfolio valued at $1.4 billion. Primarily you will be organising, co-ordinating, disseminating and reporting financial information. This is an ASAP start.
Key responsibilities include:
- prepare monthly expenditure and management reports
- prepare month-end accounts, budgets and forecasts
- liaise with cost centre and/or project managers in order to provide project expenditure reports and other financial information
- review current budget, expenditure and other financial information and identifying opportunities for improvements
- provide advice and guidance on financial matters to employees in the Branch as required
- review/update financial control systems and policies in accordance with departmental policies
- contribute to the strategic branch outcomes via involvement in branch activities such as business planning
To be successful in this role, you will have previous government experience and be CPA/CA qualified or progressing towards it. In addition to this, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of SAP and/or government accounting
- Accounting and financial experience, including budgeting and monthly management reporting.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in property and/or project accounting will be highly desirable.
- Applicant MUST be an Australian Citizen to be considered for this opportunity.
This is an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant at EL1 level. Very happy discuss salary upon application.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact David Harrington on (02) 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 8409.
If this opportunity is not quite right for you, we also have opportunities at the APS 5/6 level.