Connect with Lucas on email, or via, via
POSTED 21st Sep, 2020 REF NO. BBBH11766
EL1 Project Manager
Our client is a large federal government department that develops and implements policies and programs that minimise our environmental impact, manage biosecurity risk and ensure safe trade and market access. With a reputation for having an excellent work culture, combined with their subject matter expertise, you’ll feel the positive impact of working in this highly respected department.
This role is positioned within the Portfolio, Program and Project Office (P3O) team. The P3O manages the department’s project framework and assists in the planning, design, implementation and closure of programs and projects including identifying benefits and change.
- Provide guidance to ensure the Department’s 100+ projects run consistently and seen through to completion
- Join a team improving the maturity, standards and benchmarks within the PMO
- This is your chance if you are an experienced project manager who has been wanting to get experience on the other side of the project fence to broaden your skillset
- Development / promotion opportunities, further progress your career, mentorship
- Work within the department’s approved project management policies, framework and guidelines, with a strong focus on successful project delivery
- Work with project and change managers across the department and provide advice, assistance and information relating to projects
- Review concepts, business cases and project documentation, and provide constructive feedback
- Provide analysis on project reporting to inform a portfolio view and highlight relevant issues that require attention, particularly related to the department’s capacity to support successful project delivery
Your Background and Experience
- You can draw from your extensive experience and apply the correct methodology to suit the situation
- The ability to exercise judgement, manage competing priorities and deliver work under tight timeframes
- You are outcomes focused and want a role that you can support and build positive team culture and maximise team effectiveness
- Experience delivering projects in an APS context
- Australian citizenship is essential
Salary / Rate
- $80 – $100 per hour + 9.5% super
- Long term contact 6 months + 12 month extension
How to Apply
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link.
Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Lucas Walker on 02 6108 4878 quoting ref no. 11766.