Connect with Liz on email, or via, via
POSTED 8th May, 2019 REF NO. BBBH9065
EL1 Procurement Manager
Our client is an independent expertise-based statutory authority that sits within the Department responsible for the planning and integrated management of one of Australia’s largest natural resources. It provides more than one-third of the nation’s food and $22 billion in agriculture on average each year.
This is an opportunity for an initial 8-month contract at the EL1 level with a possible extension for the right candidate.
It is an opportunity to engage in national collaboration activities, leading a small team in providing complex procurement, grant and contract management advice to stakeholders.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Director, you will:
- Advise staff on complex procurement, grant and contract management activities
- Advise staff undertaking national collaboration activities, including the preparation, negotiation and management of contract arrangements
- Develop and implement process and system improvement initiatives for procurement and grant activities
- Develop and implement procurement policies, procedures and documentation to be compliant with Commonwealth procurement policy and best practice standards
- Implement an awareness and training package with a focus on improving contract management
- Provide both formal and informal training to staff
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Commonwealth government procurement and grants environment at the EL1 or high APS6 level. You will have a Certificate IV or above in Government Procurement and Contracting or an equivalent qualification.
It is mandatory that you have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate broadly and adapt key messages
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Excellent attention to detail in both written and oral formats
You will be a highly regarded candidate if you are also:
- Proficient in providing complex advice under the CPRs
- Proficient in the application of the PGPA Act
- Experienced in using Finance One (Technology One)
You must be willing to undergo a police check.
$60 – $80 per hour + 9.5% Super
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Liz Strachan on 02 6108 4878, quoting Ref No. 9065